· Hold both crutches in one hand.
· Push up from the chair.
· Once standing, transfer one crutch into the other hand.
· Put the crutches in front of you and get your balance.
· Have the chair immediately behind you.
· Put both crutches in one hand.
· Hold the chair arm with the other hand.
· Sit down gently.
If you are allowed to put weight on your injured leg:
· Put both crutches forward.
· Put your injured leg one step forward in
between your crutches.
· Take your weight onto your hands and step
further through with your good leg.
· Put both crutches forward
If you are not allowed to put weight on your injured leg:
· Put your crutches forward - keeping your injured leg
off the ground.
· Take your weight onto your hands.
· Bring your good leg forward, just past the crutches.